Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Good, The Bat, and The Ugly

The Good: I managed to miraculously end up with a bra, sweatshirt, and yoga pants in the completely random fistful of clothing I grabbed in the dark.

The Bad: I grabbed this fistful of clothing because at approximately 4:00 am on Friday morning, I awoke to a fucking BAT flying around my bedroom. Sorry for the swearing (well, no I'm not really or else I wouldn't have typed it) but that's the only adjective that feels honest. It took me about 5 seconds to realize that I had to get the hell out of the apartment and also that I needed to put something on over my sleeping outfit.**

The Ugly: After hiding out at my parents' house till a more appropriate time in the morning, my dad and I met my landlord back at my place to try and get rid of the intruder. I stood outside and waited and waited. They searched the whole place and freaked out the cats until my dad had to leave for work. I went back inside and listened to my landlord try to convince me that it must have left through the open window he found. But I made him check the closet one more time. And of course, right in front of my eyes, as soon as he opened the door it flew right out. I immediately dropped down into a little ball on the floor, covered my head and started shrieking. He calmly suggested I leave, which I managed to do, and by the time I made it down to the sidewalk, I heard three sharp whacks of the broom. A minute later he walked out with a little box, shook it to demonstrate that there was a dead bat body inside, and tossed it in the trash.

I'm still not entirely over it. Naturally I took the day off of work.

**ETA: When I say "sleeping outfit" what I mean is birthday suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment