Friday, May 8, 2009

WIPs

Though my last burst of crafting and blogging has obviously slowed down, I'm hesitant (but hopeful!) to say that another is around the corner. Yesterday I had a burst of "git'er done" and managed to go birthday present shopping for the boyfriend, go jeans shopping (both successful), do laundry at my parents' house, restart the capelet, and make an iron on t-shirt that says "I <3 AARON" on the front and "EVEN THO HE'S OLD" on the back. Wearing it tonight for his birthday party.

I'm excited about (knock on wood) getting the capelet done. I swatched (gasp!), cast on, and got most of the way through the ribbing last night between loads of laundry. Once I get into the rhythm of the raglan increases it'll start cranking along. ("rhythm of the raglan"... sounds like a folksy knitting song.) I've got a lot of weddings to go to this summer and I'm imagining wearing it over a cute sundress. So far the Wool-Ease Thick & Quick is really nice! It's all soft and squashy, it actually feels a little softer than the Rowan Polar. It's also thicker (super bulky as opposed to regular bulky), so I'm hoping that the difference in gauge will help with the difference in bust size between me and the designer. I also made some mathematical adjustments so here's hoping it all works out in the end.

And I've decided what to do with the sheet from crochet rug 1.0. It's going to get knitted into seat covers/cushions for my dining chairs. Boyfriend doesn't think the chairs are very comfortable (he's right) so I'm going to knit seat covers with my trusty size 11 straight bamboo needles. I like having a project for these needles cause they were my first ever pair and I haven't used them in a good long while. Once I get the time and space in my head (Lost has eaten up most of my spare brain power) I'll measure the chair seats and get cranking. Should be a pretty quick job. I cast on a handful of stitches just to try it out, which is why I'm talking about it in a post titled WIPs. ("WIP" - for the uninitiated - stands for Work In Progress.)

Fortunately, my "git'er done"-ness bled into this morning a little and I finally finished all my dishes! B knows that though I hate dirty dishes, I often don't do much about them. Once I vacuum the living room and couches, my apartment will have reached that magical "pretty dang clean" state that happens once a month or so. I like to let it get fairly dirty/messy and then I go crazy cleaning all in one fell swoop (well, over a couple of days). And then I sit around till it gets dirty again. The cycle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment